- Hands-on educational experience about California life and events from 1839 until the completion of the Transcontinental Railroad in 1869
- Authentic 1850s Owensboro Covered Wagon
- Why people came to California and how their arrival changed the lives of the people who already lived in the Sacramento Valley
- Recognizing California’s resources and how we can help protect them
- A memorable and entertaining program that young and old alike will enjoy
- Access to a variety of resources and research material
Some questions History Adventure Camp will answer:
● Why did people risk the long dangerous journey to California?
● What did pioneers decide to bring with them in their wagons?
● What was life like along the California Trail?
● How would you survive that first year – before the harvest?
● When and how do you start to plant your kitchen garden?
● What types of chores were required?